<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 30, 2005

Closer (2004/I) was interesting, but pretty weird and mean. The story of two couples who swap due to petty, selfish, and cruel reasons is pretty bad. I can't say I understand the psychological motivations of any of the characters. There was practically no character development, so all the drama was very detached from the viewer. All of the characters were people that I wouldn't care to associate with. They had something emotional wrong with them, and they were unable to take joy in the simply being in relationshiops. The way everyone suddenly changes moods is pretty annoying, so perhaps the book was better. Still, I tend not to like plots where the main characters are mean, spiteful people.... definitely not upbeat. My friend Tad said that, "if you want to have an argument with a girl, take her to see this movie".

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?