<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 31, 2006


For Two-fer-Tuesday at Hollywood video this week, we rented Howl's moving castle. It was awesome, I have to watch it again sometime. The story was awesome, and the characters were so bold and noble. I also enjoyed the scenery, many nice touches in the water and fire elements. This was just awesome in everyway. I have liked all the movies by Miyazaki so far, but this one was very romantic and exciting. Howl was very cool, and the storyline about the man who'd eaten a star was tied up *perfectly*! Wow! The plot had me going, and I didn't want the adventure to end. The characters were addictive (Calcifer, Turnip Head, Marco, Howl, even the Witch of the Waste). You can tell that things were going to get exciting and funny. Howl saying "I don't want to live if I can't be pretty" was hilarious... and throwing a tantrum! Yay! I wish I could throw tantrums that awesome! :) :) :) This is a MUST see!

Unfortunately, can't say I enjoyed Tristan & Isolde as much. In the first scenes, not only do we see the kid stalking a rabbit, but then we see the poor rabbit on a spit in the next scene. With storytelling this eclectic, you just knew this movie was going to be a tragic series of hold-yer-breath nothing happens and sad bad things. Then there was the weirdness in the characters, the actual roles that the main characters had to enact were just plain stupid, and so were many of the other characters. The love sick swooning was so bad (and drawn out), we couldn't stop making snide comparisons to Monty Python. I liked the generous, handsome, one-handed King way better than I liked the main characters "I'm not a whole man- lolz". Anyway, I recommend NOT watching this movie, there were a lot of long agonizing (to watch) death and rebirth scenes. The dialog could have been better, and the white text over the shimnering moving water was impossible to read. I hated, absolutely hated, that water effect-- what was the director thinking???? What's with the moony maid in waiting, anyway... useless!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?